OK this thing is growing hands and feet. I’ve ordered a second one which should arrive in about a week’s time. So far I’ve cleared the earth dug it over and dumped about a cubic metre of well rotted manure on the beds (the difficult bit). For my situation BIG lesson learned for poly tunnel number two – mark out your paths and leave the turf on them. I’m now having to backfill paths.
So, a good day’s work to dig and about an hour and a half to erect the polytunnel. Still to get it in the exact position and dig in the cover. But now prepping for the arrival of the second one – paths marked out this time!
This morning it’s like summer here and the metal tubing is roasting hot (no anti-hot tape with this cheapie). But, I did have some pipe insulation (that grey foamy stuff) – the 22mm size works a treat so the metal is now cooler and cushioned. I’ve only done over the roof area but think I might do all the metal that touches the cover – 10 euros to do the lot.
Back to digging….